Thursday, January 5, 2012

I'm a Walking Fiend Y'all!

Ok so I’ve been walking 3.2 miles basically every day this week and part of last week. And yes, that’s with this wonderful (that’s sarcasm there) velcroed to my ankle. I even ended up with a blister from walking so much. How Bad-A is that? Very.

Yet, despite my walking fiendishness, I miss running. I miss running sooooo badly. Not to knock walking, because it’s good exercise, but walking is just not my cup of tea. I think I need a more exciting cup of tea, the kind of tea that running provides.

Running makes me feel fierce. It makes me feel like I can take on the world, and be straight-up kick-A while doing it. Walking…not so much. Walking makes me feel lukewarm whereas running makes me feel red hot, like a force to be reckoned with.

And, friends, I miss feeling fierce, because there’s nothing like knowing  your body can run so much farther than you thought it could. There’s nothing like running a distance that you could only hope to run before, that you only dreamed of running before. It’s increda-cool and so empowering. I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT.

So yes, I’m lucky to be able to walk and grateful that I don’t have to have surgery, because I hear most people with torn tendons have to. But I miss running. And let me tell you when I get back to it I’m going to remember this time, and when I want to sleep extra or don’t want to get out in the cold I will remember this and be grateful that I CAN run.

PS: I’m going to the doctor tomorrow about this splint business, so wish me luck that I’ll be able to get back to running soon J  

No comments:

Post a Comment